- Club Service focuses on making clubs strong. A thriving club is anchored by strong relationships and an active membership development plan.
- Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society. Learn more in An Introduction to Vocational Service and the Code of Conduct.
- Community Service encourages every Rotarian to find ways to improve the quality of life for people in their communities and to serve the public interest. Learn more in Communities in Action: A Guide to Effective Projects and this Community Service presentation (PPT).
- International Service exemplifies our global reach in promoting peace and understanding. We support this service avenue by sponsoring or volunteering on international projects, seeking partners abroad, and more.
- Youth Service recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development programs such as Rotaract, Interact, Rotary Youth Leadership Awards, and Rotary Youth Exchange.
The Rotary Club of Downtown Los Angeles has a proud tradition of service to our community and our world.
This service is exemplified by local and global service projects:
DTLA Rotary is on the front lines of the homelessness crisis in Los Angeles, serving our community and building capabilities for self-sufficiency with at risk individuals. Through partnerships with leading organizations like the Midnight Mission, our members are able to engage at the heart of the problem and make a lasting difference that can be directly seen on the streets of Los Angeles.
Downtown Los Angeles is where our members work, live, and play, and we believe it is our responsibility to be effective stewards of that space for ourselves and our community. Our members have spearheaded initiatives to install free libraries, doggy bag dispensers, and other beautification efforts that have a noticeable and lasting impact on the community.
At DTLA Rotary, we believe that clean water and sanitation are foundational elements of the well-being and success of every community. Our members have leveraged their diverse range of professional skill-sets to develop clean water and sanitation solutions in Rural Kenya that are currently providing over 15,000 students in 28 schools with access to clean water, improved latrines, handwashing facilites and menstrual products.
Our club believes that education is the most effective means of combating some of the world’s most pressing issues. At home, we work directly with leading organizations like Equitas Academy to build strong educational foundations and capabilities in underprivileged youth. Abroad, our members have helped plan, fund, and build schools that have forever enhanced the lives and prospects of thousands of young people.
In November 2014 Rotary DTLA completed a $40,000 project to provide a clean reliable source of water and clean latrines for four schools and a clinic near Migori, Kenya. The project benefits 1,500 children and their families.
In partnership with the Rotary Club of Crenshaw/Watts and the kids of Mama Hill’s Help, Rotary DTLA members created and help maintain a community garden in South Los Angeles.
Rotary DTLA supports literacy at Equitas Academy Charter School in Pico-Union, where 85% of the students are English language learners. Dictionaries are presented to all third graders and as a token of appreciation to visiting speakers at club meetings, Rotary DTLA makes a book donation in the speaker’s name to the school.
Through volunteer service, Rotary DTLA supports the Midnight Mission and Shelter Partnership, leading local non-profits serving the homeless population in the Los Angeles region.